Membership of Resolution commits family lawyers to resolving disputes in a non-confrontational way.
We believe that family law disputes should be dealt with in a constructive way designed to preserve people's dignity and to encourage agreements.
Resolution membership is about the approach to work.
Members will :
- Reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation; for example by not using inflammatory language
- Support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity
- Help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment
- Use their experience and knowledge to guide clients though the options available to them
- Continually develop knowledge and skills
- Use the Resolution Guides to Good Practice in day-to-day work
- And work with other Resolution members to uphold this Code and ensure it is at the heart of everything they do.
This code should be read in conjunction with the Law Society's Family Law Protocol
For further information please contact www.resolution.org.uk